CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Rounding Fairy Tale

Today, I introduced rounding numbers.  We will be working on a short unit about rounding numbers to the nearest tens, hundreds, or thousands place, then adding or subtracting them.  This can be simple for numbers like 14 and 48, but when we get to round 1,425 to the nearest tens place, I usually encounter some confusion.  I recently discovered Fairy Tale Rounding which has a fun story, and will hopefully help students remember the steps.  A paper will come home describing the steps, but I did find this youtube video that explains it.  They will not have homework tonight for this, but I thought you might find it helpful when working with your child at home in the future! 
 (Hopefully this works, I am a newbie at embedding a video into a blog post!  See, I am like the kids...still learning!)



Keep practicing those math facts and enjoy the weather!

Happy Birthday, M.C!

2 comments:

  1. what is this website about
    ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. no i realy like this web it is neat and orginzed and captures attention
    <3 love this no realy i love this website <3

    ReplyDelete